POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Beach 130kb : Re: Beach 130kb Server Time
2 Oct 2024 20:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beach 130kb
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 Mar 2000 21:29:49
Message: <38dc249d@news.povray.org>
Did you use angle dependent reflection?  The reflection just seems to choppy to
me for one thing.  I don't see the media causing the problem, it's okay as far
as filtered color of the water goes.
The sunlight looks dim but it's relatively high up and the sky is cloudless.  I
know shadows can vary a great deal, dark like in this image and sometimes more
ambient showing in them.  Darker here kind of goes with the idea of a bright
sunshine and surroundings masking things out in shadow but there isn't really
any overwhelming brightness to the sand, water and sky.

Bob